I used frisk to mask the face so I could spray the background. I didn’t have enough for the bottom but that won’t matter because her jacket is dark anyway. Straight lines are bloody hard. It’s a bit messy but whatever.
Time so far: 1 hour 45 minutes.
Lauren Oliver, Liesl & Po
I never want to be the person who talks too much again.
I was that person for probably the first two decades of my life. Then, for some strange reason, I started talking a lot less and listening a lot more.
Recently I’ve found myself in situations with someone who clearly loves the sound of her own voice. And when I’m in that situation, I don’t like the way I feel about myself.
I feel unimportant. I also feel this need to talk a lot myself to somehow validate my own existence.
May God have mercy on my soul if my actions ever cause another person to feel that way about herself.
School has started or will very soon so what would be better to do than to gather some great resources for a better school year?
- Evernote - keep your research at one place
- Khan Academy - over 4,200 educational videos
- Mathaway - helps you solve almost every math problem
- Cliffnotes - read and prep for school work
- Studious - great way to keep track of schedule
- iFormulas - references for mathematical formulas
- Pocket - save studies and articles much easier
- Science glossary - for those hard science words
- Studyblue - online flashcards for your next test
- Any.do - daily planner
- Dropbox - don’t rely on your computer alone, make sure your notes and papers are safely uploaded online, just in case.
- Feed.ly - gather all your fav websites for research or whatever in one place - I love this myself!
- Scribd - online library
- Self Control - we all know self control during work or school isn’t always around
- TED - lots of good presentation by interesting people
- Chegg - don’t have all the money for new text books? Chegg lets you rent many text books for much less than it costs to buy
- Duolingo - learning a new language? Then I’ll recommend this one
- Mint.com - make sure you’ve got your money straight
- Alarmy - hard to get up in the morning? Well, this alarm makes you take a picture of your sink to turn it off!
- Sworkit - don’t forget that exercise will make it easier to concentrate!
Don’t forget to look at my 27 websites for a new year - where you can find lots of other resources for health, fitness, school/work and div when starting a new year(school year too)
I’ve also got a post called 53 posts for students which contains nutrition and fitness posts especially for students!
there’s always that one character where you’re like “tbh I love this character bc I am this character”
Why I Am Gail Peck, a novel.
I too have had many people that I cared deeply about turn on me and stab me in the back. It sucks. It’s horrible. It’s one of the worst feelings in the world.
I think though that through our sufferings we can become more compassionate people. When the shit hits the fan, I try to tell myself that I can allow this experience to make me bitter, or better. Sometimes it takes YEARS to really see the ‘better’ from it though.
Yes, it’s good to be able to see the big picture. You’re right, one bad day (or even bad week) does not a bad life make. When you’re in the middle of it though, it can be hard to see the big picture.
I agree that you should want people in your life who make an effort to stick around. I’m sorry that you’ve been having a hard time finding people like that :( [[huggles]]
My standard/generic study tip is to study for 45 minutes, then do whatever the fuck you want for 15, and then repeat until you’re done.
Shall I call you theological anon, or TA?
Um…well, I think that there is your standard stuff. Pray. Read the Bible. For me personally, I find that I ‘get’ Jesus the most when I suffer. Has there been another person in the history of mankind who has suffered more than Jesus? I think not. So I find that I’m closest to Him when I suffer. He ‘gets’ my suffering more than anyone else. He has an intimate understanding of it. He knows what it’s like to be betrayed. He knows what it’s like to have your people turn their back on you. Not that I seek out suffering or anything, but I’ve experienced a lot of trauma in my life.